Capable Texas Business Litigation Attorneys Resolve Complex Disputes
Established law firm represents companies in the San Antonio area
If you engage in business, you are certain at some point to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor for which you’ll need outside help to resolve. If your company becomes involved in a business dispute, contacting an experienced business litigation firm is essential. At Bayne, Snell and Krause, we represent businesses and individuals in the San Antonio area and across Texas in trials in Texas and federal courts. As strong negotiators, we will work hard to negotiate a resolution to save your company money and time, but we are always prepared to fight for your rights at trial.
Knowledgeable litigators handle breach of contract cases
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors or other businesses. When that trust is broken, it can affect business operations, profits, consumer confidence and more. When a party to a contract doesn’t perform, there are remedies our attorneys can seek for monetary damages or equitable relief. The remedies may include:
- Direct damages — Reimbursement for monetary loss directly resulting from the breach, past and future
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach, including lost profits
- Attorney fees and costs — Under Texas law, a party who prevails in a claim for breach of contract may often recover its attorney's fees from the other party.
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
The lawyers at Bayne, Snell and Krause are committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
Skilled attorneys negotiate from a position of strength
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. The professionals at Bayne, Snell and Krause will seek to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. We understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration. Our skilled negotiators help our clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
Experienced litigators press for your rights in court
If litigation becomes necessary, we build strong cases and argue them before a judge. In addition to breach of contract, there are many other claims that arise from business disputes, including:
- Business torts, including tortious interference with contractual relations and business disparagement
- Professional liability claims, including claims against accountants and lawyers
- Partnership and shareholder liability, including breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property claims, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Securities law violations
- Breach of warranty
For issues such as these, our attorneys will provide trustworthy legal guidance and representation that protects your business’s bottom line.
Contact dependable Texas business litigators
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, or someone is alleging your company is in the wrong, it is essential to seek skilled legal representation as soon as possible. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Call the San Antonio office of Bayne, Snell and Krause at 210-904-0672 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.