Texas Attorneys Handle Construction Claims
Experienced lawyers assist clients in the San Antonio area with home and commercial building disputes
Whether you’re involved in a simple home remodel or complex commercial construction project, construction disputes can cost you time and money, rob you of the enjoyment of your property, and seriously threaten your residential or commercial property investment. Bayne, Snell and Krause represents clients in the San Antonio area and throughout Texas in construction litigation. We assist people and businesses mired in conflicts to get relief and move their projects forward.
Skilled Texas litigators handle a range of construction disputes
If you're involved in a construction project in Texas, our knowledgeable attorneys provide skilled counsel for any disputes you may encounter that threaten to derail its completion. We handle cases arising from:
- Breach of construction contracts
- Construction defects
- Construction delays
- Home building or remodeling disputes
- Mechanic's and materialman's liens
- Texas Residential Construction Liability Act (RCLA) Claims
- Trust Fund Statute violations
Bayne, Snell and Krause represents clients involved in all aspects of construction, including homeowners, homeowner associations, businesses, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, lenders, design professionals, and materials suppliers.
Thorough legal professionals provide knowledgeable advice and advocacy
Establishing fault in construction cases often requires specialized knowledge of industry practices and standards. We will draw on the expertise of qualified professionals, including general contractors, structural engineers, soil engineers, geotechnical engineers, statisticians and architects, to bolster your case.
Proven counselors advise on mediation and arbitration
Often, parties can avoid the expense and stress of litigation by making use of alternative means of resolution, such as mediation and arbitration. Moreover, many construction contracts have clauses that require nonbinding or binding arbitration to resolve disputes. Our attorneys have experience representing parties in arbitration and mediation proceedings. We seek to negotiate lasting solutions that save our clients time and money and allow them to get their projects back on track.
Established attorneys seek fair compensation
If you have been harmed by a construction defect or a contractor's or subcontractor’s failure to perform, we will press for compensation to cover:
- Actual damages, including the past and future costs of repairing and restoring your damaged property, and any contents damaged due to the defect (such as water damage caused by faulty plumbing)
- Compensation for the loss of the use and enjoyment of your property, including inconvenience, aggravation, and discomfort
- Compensation for appraisal fees, storage charges and cleaning costs incurred
- Compensation for the reasonable cost of rental of similar property during periods when your property could not be used
- Under limited circumstances, exemplary or punitive damages, intended to punish a defendant and deter particularly malicious or reckless conduct in the future
- Interest on your damages as permitted by law
- Attorney fees and costs if provided for in your contract or under Texas law
Bayne, Snell and Krause is determined to help you recover damages if you have been wronged by another party in a construction dispute.
Contact a Texas construction lawyer
Every moment of delay in a construction project costs you time and money. To assert your rights in a construction dispute, call Bayne, Snell and Krause at 210-904-0672 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. From our San Antonio office, we help individuals and businesses resolve construction disputes throughout Texas.